RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Unable to map (mount) more than one WHS folder at time

AlexF

Not sure is this is some Local Policy...

I have two users, myself and my wife, on WHS.

I am able to "Map a network drive" to only one of the users at a time. I can map first user's folder (\\server\User\Alex), using "Connect using different credentials" but not the other (\\server\User\Wife)- I always get invalid credentials. If I disconnect the first map, then attempt the second, no problem, but then I can't map the first - again, invalid credentials.

Who is limiting me, WIndows 7 or WHS?

The way that credentials work is that they can really only store 1 at a time. That's why you can't cache 2. Can't you just map to the "\\server\User" folder?

Thanks - I dind't know... I was just curious.

credentials work is that they can really only store 1 at a time.

Is this Windows, SMB or WHS requirement?

> under your Wife's Personal Folder go to properties and User Access. Is your User name access set to none??

No, but, I am manually (via Explorer) mounting shared files using "Connect using a different user name" - so, I can be any user who supplies correct username/password.

OK so if you have access to her folder set(under User Access) then you should be able to access it using the same one as you provided for mapping your folder. Is there a reason why you want to access her folder using her credentials??

The single login to any one machine is a security restriction.