RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

New to WHS/Ripping

montiac

IP or training?

P.S. I'll vote for MM4 with AnyDVD combo as well, as long as long as you realize you have to acquire 1500 points (I paid the $50) to allow for WHS automated ripping and unfortunately AnyDVD now requires you to pay for yearly updates. But nothing is easier than just dropping the DVD or BluRay into the tray and when it's done it just pops out. No muss, no fuss.

IP or training?

Just finished training on Tuesday. Now I'm just waiting on graduation and my wings in October

P.S. I'll vote for MM4 with AnyDVD combo as well, as long as long as you realize you have to acquire 1500 points (I paid the $50) to allow for WHS automated ripping and unfortunately AnyDVD now requires you to pay for yearly updates. But nothing is easier than just dropping the DVD or BluRay into the tray and when it's done it just pops out. No muss, no fuss.

Indeed...I intend on paying the $50 and however much it is for AnyDVDHD, no biggie.

I think that AnyDVD is offering lifetimes updates as an option again.

Yes they are...I was suprised when they changed their pricing model. I had purchased the Lifetime update just before they switched over to recurring payments. One of the better pieces of software I have purchased...saved by a lot by being able to replace damaged DVD's.

There is also a 20% discount posted on their site until September 25th

Edited by JediTim

WOW they doubled the lifetime option price. i payed 50 way back when. but its still a very powerful and often updated program.so yes, a must in my book

I think that AnyDVD is offering lifetimes updates as an option again.

Yes they are...I was suprised when they changed their pricing model. I had purchased the Lifetime update just before they switched over to recurring payments. One of the better pieces of software I have purchased...saved by a lot by being able to replace damaged DVD's.

There is also a 20% discount posted on their site until September 25th

WOW they doubled the lifetime option price. i payed 50 way back when. but its still a very powerful and often updated program.so yes, a must in my book

Man, I'm glad I got the lifetime updates at the old price. I didn't really need it much at the time (still don't yet) but at least I got the cheap one.

I think I got lifetime AnyDVD and CloneDVD combined for about what a lifetime AnyDVD subscription is now. That said, I would pay the current price if I had to. They are great programs and they are always quick to update when needed.