RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Control multiple computers with one mouse

Renny

Mouse without borders new from Microsoft may be useful to those of you who run multiple machines/screens at the same time.

Here is a link to Ian Dixons blog for further explanation and a download link

http://thedigitallifestyle.com/w/index.php/2011/09/10/control-all-your-pcs-from-one-mouse-and-keyboard-with-microsofts-new-app/

I saw that post and am using it now between my main PC and my Ex49x server, I have video out on the server so that gives me the second monitor.

I tried it out but had some wacky behavior from my mouse pointer. The program seemed to increase the pointer speed and made it really fast and hard to control. I tried adjusting mouse properties through my control panel but they had no effect. I removed the program and everything began working again as it should.

Interesting, but since I control a mac and a PC I will stick with synergy. Although when Synergy works well it is great,

but I have ran into problems quite frequently. Any Mac/PC alternatives that anyone has good success with?

Does it work as a software KVM if you don't have multiple monitors in front of you?  I also wonder what the network traffic looks like.

I wondered that too, but it doesn't look like it does that. Would love to be proven wrong though...

Edited by ikon