RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

HDHomerun Prime Problems

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I am having a problem getting all my channels. It is working fine on the local channels and basic cable channels. However, no premium channels are working. I get a blue screen and it text indicating "You need a subscription to view this channel". I called Comcast expecting they didn't activate the cablecard with all my premium contact. They have sent two refreshes, supposedly with all my premium content but it is still not working. Anyone have any ideas?

It seems I read something about this on here or I heard about it on Entertainmnet 2.0? Anyone see anything on this?

Last week's E2.0 described some HDHR Prime blues (I have mine but haven't installed it yet.) Those problems seemed to stem from a (multiple...) faulty CableCards but the system never came completely online. I assume you mean you can't even watch the channels, much less record them. If it is a matter of trying to record and watch on a different PC, then it might be because they are aren't copy freely channels.

I've been having some problems similar to this. I don't subscribe to premium channels, but I have problems getting channels like TBS, USA and Cartoon, but I have no problem getting Speed, SciFi and BBC.

Good news. Comcast made a service call and I had a pleasant experience. The guy asked to see my TIVO and I told him I am using MC and an HDHomerun. He knew about MC but not the HDHomerun or Ceton for that matter. Anyway, he got it working by putting another card in, the 3rd one. Then he played with MC for a little bit before leaving.

Now, back to those remotes, who else has suggestions. Also, what plug-ins are a must for MC?

Edited by cskenney
moderator split off to new topic

Good news. Comcast made a service call and I had a pleasant experience. The guy asked to see my TIVO and I told him I am using MC and an HDHomerun. He knew about MC but not the HDHomerun or Ceton for that matter. Anyway, he got it working by putting another card in, the 3rd one. Then he played with MC for a little bit before leaving.

Now, back to those remotes, who else has suggestions. Also, what plug-ins are a must for MC?

anyone else getting suspicious the cable companies are just taking tuning cards off the production line with zero testing? That way, maybe they can discourage some people from using them. Possible?