RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Free space is low in Server Backup

Technogod

we've been using todo backup server for a long time. it offers full, incremental, and differential backup.

we usually set up a daily backup schedule, and save three versions of the images, which means that the software automatically delete the old images to save space.

a specific file can also be restored in Windows explorer from a folder or partition backup image.

maybe u can try this one

I have to ask, mainly because I'm always surprised by the number of times people tell me they haven't (they just assumed it would work), but have you done any actual restores from the backups and, if so, what types?

I am going to need to checkout one of my backup drives to ensure I can get what I need. I have not had a need to recover from a backup on WHS 2011 and need to be certain this will work. I never had an issue with the WHS V1...anytime I needed something it was there.

I am going to need to checkout one of my backup drives to ensure I can get what I need. I have not had a need to recover from a backup on WHS 2011 and need to be certain this will work. I never had an issue with the WHS V1...anytime I needed something it was there.

We're not only on the same page, I think we're reading the same sentence :D

We're not only on the same page, I think we're reading the same sentence :D

I would have kept reading but my son had a soccer game...weather in New York sucked today. 34 degrees with rain / snow...half the boys were frozen and crying...mu son included. Even worse...2-1 loss.

Tim, I can remember my boys complaining about the cold or rain and using it as an excuse for losing. I would always ask them if the other team had to plan in the same weather. I would tell them to "suck it up", while I contemplated going back to the car to watch the rest of the game. :)

Gotta say...that was the worst weather I have seen in a really long time. Thankfully we still have power...quite a few lost power which means no heat. There are areas with 12+ inches of snow with a whole lot of branches down.

Nope...that was early. Just north and est of me got pretty devastated. They are talking about 3 million people without power...that would also mean no heat and this morning it was 22 degress outside when I left for work. Brrrrrrrr