RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

My Movies ISO Playback Problems

ImTheTypeOfGuy

That option in Windows 7 is found by clicking the "start", "default programs", then "change autoplay settings". Check your settings next to the various movies types. I set mine to "Take no action" and that works for me.

Autorun was turned on so I turned it off where pcdoc identified. Unfortunately, it didn't solve the problem. PowerDVD still intercepts playing the file even though I have Autorun set to take no action. Any other idea's?

Are there any free blu-ray players I can use so I can uninstall powerdvd?

You can try Media Player Classic - Home Cinema, but it doesn't integrate with the MCE interface. It does handle about anything you can throw at it, which I like. It is free, and is the free favorite for h.264 and vc-1 hardware playback supporting full 7.1 and subtitles. I have it set up to work just like the Hulu WMC addin, where it will have a tile in media center, that minimizes the WMC interface and brings up MPC-HC, then when done playing goes back to WMC. A good middle ground for ripped blu-rays that need subtitle support and in your case a way to possibly get around your auto-run problems.

if you look in anydvd settings, under Video Blu-Ray, there is an option to enable PowerDVD virtual drive workaround.

Could help with your problem.

I use daemon tools lite for iso loading and havent run into any issues.

Guest no-control

Also check in PDVD that the option to play when disc inserted is not selected this will cause PDVD to fire up when your .iso mounts (disc inserted)