RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
WireBoy

Staples HP i7 laptop

Mr_Smartepants

No.

Video Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000

Not a bad price for an i7 quad core. But the wimpy video kills it for me.

Edited by Mr_Smartepants

ImTheTypeOfGuy

The hp part kills it for me.

Dave

I guess we should ask, "What is it being used for?" Is there a comparable with a dedicated graphics chip?

jmwills

What was that old commercial? Parts are parts....it's the service behind the product. Laptops are meant to be mobile and a convience. If the unit fills the needs, then it works.

Joe_Miner

An i7 with a 10h battery. Sweet! You could do some serious crunching on the road with this thing.

I'd give it some serious thought.

(I'd add Win 7professional and Office 2010 -- with that i7 and 6GB RAM you could run a VM on it just for fun/work)

[My son has a HP net-top for over 3 years with out any trouble and he hauls that thing all over the world.]

Good luck -- let us know what you do and how you like it (if you get it).

Edited by Joe_Miner

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I went through three hp laptops, elitebook 8660, last week. Each one brand new, never been used. All three had problems with BSOD. Needless to say they all went back to hp. These were at work, thus the reason it was three in one week. Junk I tell you. I felt it was because of all the crap they load on it and wanted to reformat and load W7 Professional to get rid of all the crapware but my IT manager wouldn't let me.

ikon

I went through three hp laptops, elitebook 8660, last week. Each one brand new, never been used. All three had problems with BSOD. Needless to say they all went back to hp. These were at work, thus the reason it was three in one week. Junk I tell you. I felt it was because of all the crap they load on it and wanted to reformat and load W7 Professional to get rid of all the crapware but my IT manager wouldn't let me.

Your IT mgr leaves all the crapware on the laptops they buy? Don't they develop their own OS image to install on all of them?

Mr_Smartepants

We've got 3 EliteBooks at work also (can't remember the model #). Haven't had any problems with them since we nuked the stock OS and put our own image on them. Very nice machines I thought.

ikon

We've got 3 EliteBooks at work also (can't remember the model #). Haven't had any problems with them since we nuked the stock OS and put our own image on them. Very nice machines I thought.

Yeah. We build an image that helps streamline the computers for our environment, without all the crapware.