RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

I purchased an Ooma Telo during a recent sale at an online retailer. The base price

is $250 and I got it for about $175. It is basically a MagicJack without the need for

an always on computer.

I tried it before switching cable providers and routers and it installed flawlessly. I recently

went to Charter Cable from ATT DSL and to a DLink DIR-655 from a DD-WRT with a Linksys WRT54GL.

This time it was a little more problematic, but after a factory reset of the router everything was fine.

My wife likes the comfort of a home phone, but I didn't like the $52/month phone bill. So I now pay about $3.50/mo

for unlimited home phone services. You are basically paying taxes. They do offer an upgrade package at

$10/mo, but it isn't required. So in just over 3 months I will recover the cost of the box and have free monthly

calling from home.

http://www.ooma.com

I called 911 and they had all the correct information.

The call quality is very good and you can set the Ooma

to where dialing 1 isn't necessary before a long distance number,

very handy when you are accustomed to using cellphones most of the time.

I purchased an Ooma Telo during a recent sale at an online retailer. The base price

is $250 and I got it for about $175. It is basically a MagicJack without the need for

an always on computer.

I tried it before switching cable providers and routers and it installed flawlessly. I recently

went to Charter Cable from ATT DSL and to a DLink DIR-655 from a DD-WRT with a Linksys WRT54GL.

This time it was a little more problematic, but after a factory reset of the router everything was fine.

My wife likes the comfort of a home phone, but I didn't like the $52/month phone bill. So I now pay about $3.50/mo

for unlimited home phone services. You are basically paying taxes. They do offer an upgrade package at

$10/mo, but it isn't required. So in just over 3 months I will recover the cost of the box and have free monthly

calling from home.

http://www.ooma.com

I just purchased one of these yesterday from Amazon for $199.00, I thought that was a good price.

Where did you find it for $175.00 ??

I have had an Ooma for about 6 mo. or so. I have been testing it along side Vonage. I'm about read to dump the vonage as the Ooma has been pretty

reliable and sound quality is equal. Anyway, I picked my unit up at Costco for about $170. They have coupons sometimes.

Sorry about that. I looked back and from Buy.com it was $199. I have

seen a refurb on Woot for as low as $139 though.

Sorry about that. I looked back and from Buy.com it was $199. I have

seen a refurb on Woot for as low as $139 though.

That's OK

I thought $199.00 was a pretty good deal. I'm scheduled to get mine next Wednesday.

Keep us posted on how you make out with yours and I will do the same.