RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Wall server grows up into a 2011 server - WITH GROWING PAINS

tbowland

The Wall server from last year has straightend up and grown up but......can you spot the major oversite.

Just a little embarrassing actually.

b8.jpgb9 (3).jpg

Hint: it was a little hard loading the OS

Edited by tbowland

You got it John the drawer opens out to the left and hits the 2HDDs.

The monitor on the left is just hanging on a nail for setup JediTim.

Boy those Canadians are smart ah!

Edited by tbowland

The quality of the pictures are so bad I couldn't tell what was connected or not connected. Can't believe Diehard could see the DVD player was in backwards.

Your right ImTheTypeOfGuy it's not the best

John has obviously been eating his carrots. This is the best pic I have without taking another picture. The old IDE drive probably threw you off as well. You can see the cable and power going in on the right side.

Ridiculous machine but it works like a charm.

-Old mini-itx

-Celeron D :wacko:

-Old 400W PSU

-8 matching 250gb WD HDD

-2GB ram (thats max for the MB :()

Its great because I'm a set it and forget it guy.

So much so that next job is moving over from a old win 2000 server with a intel MB from the mid 90s running a Intel Pentium II 300 MHz slot CPU and 4 - 40gb raided drives. It currently runs sometimes up to about 3-4 months without a reboot.

I should take some picks before it goes to the graveyard.

WHSWall.jpg

Edited by tbowland

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• tomster2413
      By tomster2413
      Hey guys,

I just bought a USB disc drive for my Surface 2, and upon plugging it in everything is working. I bought it so I could import songs from old CDs and put them onto my tablet. The only problem is, I don't know how to do this. I am able to click on the CD inserted into the drive, and all the songs show up but they are in .cda format. Basically, do any of you guys know how I would be able to get the songs off of the CD? I tried looking in Xbox Music, but there is not an option to import a CD at all.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
    • Bobby Jean
      By Bobby Jean
      Hello everyone

Actually we have 2 desktops :one (dell power edge) server with windows server 2012, and the other one is a windows xp
      i need to add the windows xp desktop and connect it to the server, so that both machines user can use the same application and also use the same printer (a doctor's office).
      i already created a domain in the windows server, but i still don't know what are the next steps !
      please guys i need your help !
      Thank you very much.
    • Dave
      By Dave
      I really enjoyed this one. I hope you do as well. From the blog:

We are here to announce a new add-in for Windows Home Server 2011 but a simple mention of “Drive Extender” leads us down the path of talking about Drive Bender and StableBit for quite some time. We hit the news and it’s not all home server this week. There is so much in this episode you might have to listen twice!
      WHS Drobo Status by Ross Dargan
      WHS Download Manager
      Drive Bender update
      Netstor RAID review
      Office 365 for SBS 2011
      WebDAV support for WHS
      Home Server Status
      ISO Mounter Add-In
      Synology DS712+
      New/Old HP Slate for Windows
      Automatically start applications when WHS starts
      Airplay for Windows 7 and Media Center http://funky-factory.blogspot.com/
    • Dave
      By Dave
      I know a lot of folks are running WHS 2011 inside a VM but I'm curious if anyone is running a virtual server on Windows Home Server 2011 in order load other OS's.

I have this huge 2011 server and it doesn't do much during the day so I was thinking about running another OS on it to perform some of my media functions. Instead of loading 10 apps on the server I would only load the VM app and then load all the apps in a virtual environment instead of mucking up the server.