RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Make WTV shows into MKV

Greg Welch

Anthony Buttino's Space Saver Profiles for Dvr-ms Toolbox

The DTb SpaceSaver Profiles are a great way to archive your shows to save space on the hard drive or to integrate and play through to your favorite media browser. It is all dependant on how you decide.

http://tinozplace.com/SpaceSaver.htm

Option D

SpaceSaver Revision D

I assume you've tried at least the D choice? The A choice is interesting as well...

Since I'm able to stream the .wtv files to my iOS devices (mostly concerned with streaming to the iPads in the house) I haven't worried too much about conversion. Also I tend to delete the recordings after I watch them. However, the conversion with commercial removal is intriguing.

I also noticed it mentions using ComSkip rather than Show Analyzer for the final commercial removal process. While I did pay for a Show Analyzer key, I have to agree that (free) ComSkip has been more accurate in auto-skipping of commercials. At least since I've switched to SageTV for TV viewing. All in all, the SageTV experience is just easier for TV recording, commercial skipping, and viewing as it saves it to a straight MPG file (i.e. no WTV header added on) and the commercial skipping process is a simple one button install of a plugin for free. Also, it works on a server/client method so the recorder does the commercial analysis, and all the other PCs that it streams to automatically use that for the commercial skipping.

(Sorry; not trying to thread-jack.)

Edited by timekills

I to bought sa and am very happy with the skipping and plan on keeping wtv format as I also watch and delete. I haven't tried these but I now alot of guys like mkv.

never call it hyjacking when it adds value. LoL

Anthony Buttino's Space Saver Profiles for Dvr-ms Toolbox

The DTb SpaceSaver Profiles are a great way to archive your shows to save space on the hard drive or to integrate and play through to your favorite media browser. It is all dependant on how you decide.

http://tinozplace.com/SpaceSaver.htm

Option D

SpaceSaver Revision D

Is it possible to go from wtv to mpeg4 or mt2s? I have some I will want to keep permanently.

RipBot264 version Version 1.16.4 (Jan 27, 2011) and up.

Latest: Version 1.16.5 (Apr 2, 2011)

Version 1.16.4

• Release Date: Jan 27, 2011
  • Download(s):<a href="http://www.digital-digest.com/software/download-1616_0_19_file_RipBot264v1.16.4.7z.html">download_icon_sm.gifRipBot264v1.16.4.7z
  • Added: support for .wtv (WindowsTV)
  • Added: demuxing Blu-ray subtitles from .mkv container
  • Added: demuxing TrueHD from .mkv container (demuxed .thd MUST be manually selected after demuxing!!!)
  • Added: core option for TrueHD and DTS-MA/Hi-res in demuxing window
  • Fixed: audio/subtitle opendialog was not set to current job folder after selecting audio/subtitle from previous task
  • Fixed: DelayAudio() was not added to script after selecting audio file
  • Updated: ffmpeg r26397, MKVToolnix 4.4.0, MediaInfo v0.7.39, MP4Box 2010-12-14, x264 r1867

• 1 year later...

danielkathee, if you work for the company, or have any association with iDealshare at all, you need to declare it when you post. And if you don't, it would be helpful if you stated that as well. Your post reads like a promotional blurb.

danielkathee, if you work for the company, or have any association with iDealshare at all, you need to declare it when you post. And if you don't, it would be helpful if you stated that as well. Your post reads like a promotional blurb.

Come on. Just because this thread is two years old and this is his first and only post and it is for a commercial product doesn't mean he's financially associated. 

P.S. have I mentioned how much I love using Ikea chairs when I sit in front of my Ikea computer desk? They make encoding from WTV to MKV much more comfortable. Ikea, that is. Their chairs. Ikea chairs.

• 7 months later...