RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

PC Doc's Next Benchmarking Project

awraynor

Thanks, I heard that this was coming. I would interested in trying one but I will probably wait till the initial tests are in. There is also a card (I think by Highpoint) that will let you roll your own. Your own SSD and Hard drive which appeals to me even more as I have those already. Thanks for the link.

Seagate already has this. I know they were out as early as February or March of this year as I almost bought one for my desktop build.

Thanks, I heard that this was coming. I would interested in trying one but I will probably wait till the initial tests are in. There is also a card (I think by Highpoint) that will let you roll your own. Your own SSD and Hard drive which appeals to me even more as I have those already. Thanks for the link.

Rolling your own certainly sounds interesting.

Inspired by awraynor's post, I ordered the RocketRaid 1220 PCI-Express Hybrid card ($55). I will team this up with a 120 gig generation 1 OCZ and my caviar black that is in my secondary system and see how that work out. It if works, I will try it in a VM server and see if I can replicate the result that timekills got from the Z68. I know it will not be as fast as the OCZ drive but if this works out, I will feel better about shopping around it. Thanks awraynor for the post.

Please let us know how this works out!

I've been eyeing that same card (RocketHybrid 1220) ever since I heard TimeKills talking about his hybrid SSD/HDD setup.

Here's a link to their marketing benchmarks and info: http://www.highpoint-tech.com/USA_new/series_rh122x.htm

At least they're "honest" in the numbers where it shows the SSD-only clearly faster than their hybrid.

Ooh, my credit-card-hand is getting itchy! ;)

Please let us know how this works out!

I've been eyeing that same card (RocketHybrid 1220) ever since I heard TimeKills talking about his hybrid SSD/HDD setup.

Here's a link to their marketing benchmarks and info: http://www.highpoint...ries_rh122x.htm

At least they're "honest" in the numbers where it shows the SSD-only clearly faster than their hybrid.

Ooh, my credit-card-hand is getting itchy! ;)

Will do. Should be here Wednesday, installed Wednesday, and results by Thursday or Friday.