RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

3 Tuner Homerun Prime Shipping

axoid

I got notice from Newegg this mourning that my 3 tuner HD Homerun Prime that I ordered in May shipped.

It's scheduled to be on my doorstep early next week. I'll let you all know how it works when I get it setup.

Bill R.

Yes, mine is scheduled to arrive Tuesday. I'm so glad I paid for rush processing and three-day shipping on my 18 MAY preorder. No offense to NewEgg, but they might have considered not charging for that since we're now over a month past the original shipping date. I know its not NewEggs fault, but I also wasn't one of the first to get it even though I was one of the first to order. With the paid-for sped up process it would have been nice to get it BEFORE the long weekend when I might actually have some time to set it up.

That said, I use Time Warner in El Paso. Switched Digital Video (SDV) up the wazoo. They are fairly good in that the majority of SDV programs are the lesser-watched programs, but the SDV tuner adapter was still required. My experience (from yesterday at their El Paso HQ):

Me: "I'd like to get a Cable Card and tuning adapter, please"

After a minute or so..

TWC: "OK, we'll need to schedule a delivery so we...."

Me: "No, ma'am, I'd like to self install, as per FCC regulations that went into effect on 8 August. Thank you."

A slightly pained expression, some typing on her computer, discussion in Spanish with a gentleman behind her, and a couple minutes later...

TWC: "Okay, I see we have the option for self-install here."

Long story short, it was surprisingly painless. They didn't ask what it was for. I got a Cisco tuning adapter (there are basically two models, a Motorola and a Cisco, and generally the Motorola has been more liked because it already allowed for multiple streams. The Cisco allows for multiple - four at least - streams now as well with a recent firmware update) and the cable card all in a box.

No lease charge for the adapter (surprisingly), $2.50/month "rental" for the cable card. Not too shabby considering It's $5/month for a standard cable box plus an extra $10/month for DVR capability and that is only two streams. For only $2.50 a month (*cough* plus the HDHR Prime and a PC for recording *cough*) I get three streams now viewable anywhere in the house.

Well. By next Tuesday I will any way. Dang three day month delivery charge.

Edited by timekills

Yes, mine is scheduled to arrive Tuesday. I'm so glad I paid for rush processing and three-day shipping on my 18 MAY preorder. No offense to NewEgg, but they might have considered not charging for that since we're now over a month past the original shipping date. I know its not NewEggs fault, but I also wasn't one of the first to get it even though I was one of the first to order. With the paid-for sped up process it would have been nice to get it BEFORE the long weekend when I might actually have some time to set it up.

I agree about it would be nice to arrive before the long weekend. But, since mine isn't (arrives Monday), I am going to take the opportunity to drive to Norman and watch OU beat Tulsa Saturday night.

Now that football is here, you will probably see me a lot less on here. If I am not around, I hope everyone enjoys their fall.

i actually got my tuner delivered friday afternoon. I picked up the cablecrd and tuning adapter Saturday. I have pictures frome the unboxing and I'll write an artical on the installation and some of the problems that I ran in to.

Edited by axoid