RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Media Server Online?

Rolanddes

Hi guys. Im new to media server bussiness and also new here in this forum. I may even be posting this in a very wrong section of the forum but here we go.

I recently got a linksys wag320n router that has media server and storage connection options. I managed to connect my 2tb western digital driva via usb oort of the router. Then I enabled the media server option. Now I can access my files on the lan. But I want to be able to access them via internet. Is there a way to do that without adding a computer to the network? Because I do not want my computer to be on while Im accessing the media server.

With Linksys there is an option to remotely manage the router from the WAN so check intothat option as well as PNP, but honestly, I've never attempted to do something like this. Just seems like a big security hole to me.

Should be accessible via VPN, outside of that I can't think of another way.

With Linksys there is an option to remotely manage the router from the WAN so check intothat option as well as PNP, but honestly, I've never attempted to do something like this. Just seems like a big security hole to me.

Thank you both. Ill check those options, VPN and WAN