RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Boyz Toyz

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I am so excited. I have a lot of new toys coming.

I have a lot of work in front of me. I have to get the SSD in my HTPC and get it running so I am ready from the HDHomerun Prime. I also have to get ethernet snaked through the walls to the HTPC. Unfortunately, I will be out of town this weekend so I won't have time to get it all going in time for college football. I may have to take a day of vacation to get it all installed.

1 x HDMI CABLES UNLIMITED|PCM-2295-10 R

1 x SSD 60G|OCZ OCZSSD2-2VTXE60G R

1 x H/A SPEAKER KLIPSCH RC-52 II R

1 x UPS CYBERPOWER | CP1500LCD RT

1 x TV TUNER|SILICONDUST HDHR3-CC R

1 x 32GB HP TouchPad

I love work like this. It's like Christmas in August. :)

On another note, when the &*^# are our HD Homerun Primes supposed to be delivered? Wasn't Silicon Dust all proud that their supply channel wouldn't have the same issues that plagued the InfiniTV? I was supposed to get mine over a month ago from NewEgg...

I need to talk to my buddy at Silicon Dust and find out what's up.

On another note, when the &*^# are our HD Homerun Primes supposed to be delivered? Wasn't Silicon Dust all proud that their supply channel wouldn't have the same issues that plagued the InfiniTV? I was supposed to get mine over a month ago from NewEgg...

They announced via twitter that they would be delayed four to six weeks. I just received shipment confirmation from newegg tonight. It said it would ship within 48 hours. Hopefully you will get yours soon.

I must say after doing some research yesterday on the InfiniTV I am pleased. I have Verizon Fios and this seems to work well with it. I have TiVo on two sets in my home but my son would like to have a DVR...I am considering repurposing an old computer into a HTPC for his room with the InfiniTV. Newegg has it in stock for $299...not too bad.

What are your thoughts on the InfiniTZV versus the HD Homerun Primes?

If you have a single HTPC with the ability to plug the InfiniTV card into, it's a fantastic choice. It's new network capability is a bonus, but not without flaws. If you need an external solution or the ability to have multiple PCs access the TV feed than HDHR series is the way to go.

I have a Tivo on each of my other TV sets and he wants one for his room. As I planned on using old hardware for a HTPC for his room I thought this might be a good option. I am also considering getting a Slingbox for my Family Room Tivo to allow him to watch shows in his room that have been recorded.

The only question I had on the Slingbox was what if he is watching something via the Slingbox on his TV from the FR Tivo...can I watch something else on the FR Tivo?

I am so excited. I have a lot of new toys coming.

I have a lot of work in front of me. I have to get the SSD in my HTPC and get it running so I am ready from the HDHomerun Prime. I also have to get ethernet snaked through the walls to the HTPC. Unfortunately, I will be out of town this weekend so I won't have time to get it all going in time for college football. I may have to take a day of vacation to get it all installed.

1 x HDMI CABLES UNLIMITED|PCM-2295-10 R

1 x SSD 60G|OCZ OCZSSD2-2VTXE60G R

1 x H/A SPEAKER KLIPSCH RC-52 II R

1 x UPS CYBERPOWER | CP1500LCD RT

1 x TV TUNER|SILICONDUST HDHR3-CC R

1 x 32GB HP TouchPad

Impressive. Look forward to hearing about it. One suggestion though, consider the sine wave (pfc friendly) versions of the UPS if you are using that on the HTPC. The one you order will work but will strain the PS if use for prolonged periods. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16842102134

Impressive. Look forward to hearing about it. One suggestion though, consider the sine wave (pfc friendly) versions of the UPS if you are using that on the HTPC. The one you order will work but will strain the PS if use for prolonged periods. http://www.newegg.co...N82E16842102134

Wow! A very good catch Doc!

I'm using two CP1500PFCLCD's -- 1 for my main client and 1 for my EX-487 and both have worked well through a number of power interruptions -- didn't experience any clicking sounds from the high effency PC APFCPSU's that I had been getting before from my Opti-UPS that wasn't a pure sine-wave.

One other suggestion which I am sure you took into consideration is to that look at your actual power needs by measuring them first. "Most" of the time we all tend to over scope this but when you drop to lower wattage UPS, you can save lots of cash. The 1000PFC runs $129, the 1350 runs $169, and the 1500 runs $199. When I measured my actual use I found that what I was buying was an overkill. Presently I use the 1000 for all my stand alone PC including the monitors and all peripherals, the 1000 for my server, and the 1500 (which is more than what I need) for my main PC, printers, switches, super-router, and two 24 in monitors. At peak while gaming with all the peripherals on hits about 500 watts, but under normal use, it is about 300 watts for everything. Of course you can never have too much power but my point is sometimes it is best to use smaller ones and break up the tasks than one larger one depending on how many PC you have attached. Just some thoughts and good luck.