RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
JerryW

Home Server Status

JerryW

Hi Jerry,

I had a closer look at the server event viewer and noticed extensive login failures cominng from the client.

The last thing I changed was to configured the HSS client with a admin password.

The backup was slow as it decided to use the wifi, rather than the nic card on the client workstation.

Wierd.

This is the only version I have tried.

I thought it would be something like that. I am not sure what is causing the login errors without more information. I can tell you that HSS does not use any login information between the client and the server. The password you set within HSS is for HSS only.

In short, I would suggest removing your WHS 2011 Connector and reinstalling it OR you can change the client password to re-establish authentication with the WHS 2011 server.

Some thoughts.

Jerry

fredp1

thanks Jerry, ill give that a go

JerryW

To All,

I am not sure about a v3.0, yet, but I would like to hear some of your ideas. Now, before we start, lets try to keep the ideas very practical, somewhat small (we don't want a tray application to be 100mb), and most of all, something we might all use.

* Let's don't be mean to anyone about their idea(s) either. Some things may seem silly to us but are not to those who need them.

Thank you in advance for your comments and I look forward to bringing new features to everyone,

Jerry

Edited by JerryW

cge

Hi Jerry,

2 ideas for V3 !

- Implement a way to see when health alert exist on the server (like red/yellow tray icon on V1), I really don't know if the technology will allow you to do it.

- Translation for non english users

Regards

Christophe

JerryW

Hi Jerry,

2 ideas for V3 !

- Implement a way to see when health alert exist on the server (like red/yellow tray icon on V1), I really don't know if the technology will allow you to do it.

- Translation for non english users

Regards

Christophe

But you write English so well.. Just kidding! Christophe, you never did tell me whether or not the added switches resolved your problem.

Jerry

cge

Hi Jerry,

Sorry, I miss to inform you (and to thank you) that the extra field to enter switches has solved my problem. As we say, no news, good news !

Christophe

WalterS

Hi Jerry, I installed HSS ver. 202 (after buying a license) on my Win 7 machine which is connected to my home network. I meet all the requirements but it never shows The Status(?) It just shows "Home Server Offline". Am I missing something here, Please help..

timekills
Am I missing something here, Please help..

Perhaps a Windows Home Server?

(rimshot)

JerryW

Hi Jerry, I installed HSS ver. 202 (after buying a license) on my Win 7 machine which is connected to my home network. I meet all the requirements but it never shows The Status(?) It just shows "Home Server Offline". Am I missing something here, Please help..

Checklist:

1. WHS 2011 Home Server
  2. WHS 2011 Connector installed on a Windows 7 32/64 bit OS
  3. .NET Framework v4.0

When you launch the HSS application, right-click the taskbar icon and go to settings, is your WHS Name listed near upper left corner?

If the name is listed, can you resolve the host name of your WHS 2011 server? I ask because the HSS application uses your WHS 2011 host name provided by Microsoft's WHS 2011 connector software registry entries.

Let me know,

Jerry

Perhaps a Windows Home Server?

(rimshot)

;-)

Edited by JerryW
  • Like 1