RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
JerryW

Home Server Status

JerryW

I must admit, nothing comes to mind immediately. The behavior you are describing sounds like something is preventing the forms from loading. Which would be a .NET framework problem, not HSS itself. Though you have repaired this.

Do you have any other desktops that you can install HSS on? If so, please try it. This won't prove much but it will prove that HSS is functioning in your environment and also let us know that the problem is definitely on the pc.

Tell me a little bit about the machine you are running on. Is this a Windows 7 32/64bit machine? Should be since HSS detects it. What version? Home Premium, Ultimate, Professional, etc.

If you can, attach the image to an email and send to homeserverstats@gmail.com ,as ikon denoted, we cannot see an image that lives on your computer.

ikon, any thoughts?

msawyer91

No, HSS does not deliver those annoying server alerts and never will. HSS was meant to give back 'backup and connectivity status' that MS had in WHS v1. Of course I have carried it somewhat further than that.

But thanks to WHS 2011 Update Rollup 2, all of my computers are proudly announcing every few hours that there's a computer monitoring error. I tried to ignore them on the server itself, but then they resolve themselves and then pop up fresh and new a few hours later. Now when the tooltip springs up bellowing "computer monitoring error" I just ignore it. If HSS isn't complaining, and I'm not receiving Home Server SMART alerts about a drive about to go kablooie, I don't worry about it. :)

JerryW

But thanks to WHS 2011 Update Rollup 2, all of my computers are proudly announcing every few hours that there's a computer monitoring error. I tried to ignore them on the server itself, but then they resolve themselves and then pop up fresh and new a few hours later. Now when the tooltip springs up bellowing "computer monitoring error" I just ignore it. If HSS isn't complaining, and I'm not receiving Home Server SMART alerts about a drive about to go kablooie, I don't worry about it. :)

I'm with you Matt.

ikon

I must still be one of the lucky ones. I have 2 green icons in my System Tray, and I don't get the alerts, at least not yet. Wish I knew why so I could tell everyone else.

foxxiu7

Hi,

Will HSS for WHS2011 be ever available again?