RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
JerryW

Home Server Status

freebird317

Ok thanks. I am very new to WHS and still trying to figure it out. In fact I just install my first WHS 2011 server Thursday. I am loving it. Any tips?

ikon

Congrats Jerry!!!

Not only is it cool; I hope it will lead to more sales.

dvn

Ya, you hit the big time with a mention by Paul Thurrott. When's the IPO? :D

cge

Hi Jerry,

I just upgraded HSS from V2.02 to V3.0 but I lost my previous settings, I checked the registry, all info are there, so it seems that V3.0 doesn't use the same way (or path) to save the settings, is that expected ?

Just a minor thing about HSS, can you avoid to show HSS in the running application list (Windows task manager) when running in systray ?

Regards

Chrstophe

Edited by cge

JerryW

Hi Jerry,

I just upgraded HSS from V2.02 to V3.0 but I lost my previous settings, I checked the registry, all info are there, so it seems that V3.0 doesn't use the same way (or path) to save the settings, is that expected ?

Just a minor thing about HSS, can you avoid to show HSS in the running application list (Windows task manager) when running in systray ?

Regards

Chrstophe

Yes, Christophe. If you look in the *notes section of the page, you will see that it is, now, denoted that any version earlier than v2.1 will require that one re-enters their registration information and settings. This is dues to the fact that I am no longer using the registry to store configuration data. V3.0 uses a configuration xml file. As for HSS not showing in the task manager, HSS will remain.

Thank you,

Jerry

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Home Server Status v3.0 has been posted: http://homeserversho...-server-status/

I will be on this forum in chat tonight at 7:00pm if anyone wants to talk about HSS or anything else.

Thanks,

Jerry

It was great talking to you tonight. Nice product, too bad I am not using 2011.

AndyWak

Hi Jerry,

I have had HSS for some time now and recently upgraded to v3.0. I have a problem that the SMTP notification's don't work except for the test message which sends without a problem?

Also, and I'm sure I'm not the first to ask, can you let me have access to the Vista version, the file was taken off before I knew it was there. I have a Toshiba netbook that just isn't man enough to run Win7?

Cheers,

Andy