RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
Lurker

Launchpad will not connect

Lurker

I have had this problem for about a month on one of my client computers. For some reason the launchpad will no longer connect to the server. Therefore it is unable to backup.

I am getting two errors when the launchpad starts. The first one is an alert viewer error that says " Alert notices are not available in the Alert Viewer due to an error or incomplete action, or a service has stopped working. etc.

The second one says that the server appears to be offline.

For the record I can connect to the dashboard and access the shares on the server just no dice with the launchpad.

Alert.PNG

offline.PNG

Anyone else having this issue or any suggestions.

jmwills

Uninstall the connector software, reboot, and reinstall. At least this is a start.

Lurker

Here is what I have done on the client with no success.

• Uninstalled then re-installed the connector software.
  • Uninstalled .net framework 4 and extended .net framework and connector software then re installed these.
  • Changed the password on the server
  • turned off the firewall
  • cleared DNS cache
  • rebooted router

jmwills

Is the server set for a static IP? If so, make sure it is using the router address for DNS resolution. I would also check all the services on the server that are set to automatic and make sure they are running.

Lurker

Yea its set to static ip in the router. I'm pretty sure I'm to the point where the only solution would be a re-installation of OS on the client PC as it works my other computers fine. I'm gonna look at the installation logs on the client and see if there is any program that was installed on or around the date that it quit connecting. I would also like to try an remove all the connector files after a connector uninstall. I'm not sure where they are but my guess is in the Program Data folder somewhere.

jmwills

Flush the DNS on that client "ipconfig /flushdns" without the quotes and just for giggles give that client a reservation in DHCP. Reboot and see what we get.