RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

MyMovies 4 WHS 2011 Connection issues

HTPC1530

HI,

I just setup my new WHS 2011 with no issues and everything is working great. The only problem I am having now is the Mymovies 4 Add-in. For some reason I cannot connect my client to the server. I have them both in the same workgroup and the firewall is off on both PC's. I gave my WHS 2011 a static IP thinking that my be the problem. I can connect to my WHS 2011 dashboard from my HTCP, but I just cannot get MyMovies 4 to work. Has anyone had this problem or can you tell me what I am doing wrong. Thanks,

Also on the client go into mm collections and under options I believe you can enter server name and password. Just a thought.

Had that problem initially and had to use the "Name" to resolve it. For some reason the IP address did not work. As the others stated, client mode for the HTPC.

I have tried the ip address and the name of my server still no luck. I have uninstalled my movies on whs and the client version on my HTPC. I still have the same issues after a fresh install. I do not know what else to do. Here is what I have I installed my movies for windows home server 2011 version 2.00 to my whs box. I then installed the client version 4.00 build 2 on my HTPC box. Did I do this part right? Did I leave something out? Any ideas would be great. Thanks

I too had some connection issues. For a short time I mounted the MyMovies folder as a network drive and pointed WMC at it.

That worked for a while, but not consistently. For whatever reason, the last uninstall and reinstall of the HTPC client solved my problem.

It sounds like you installed the correct programs. I would also post to the MyMovies forums if you haven't already?

Had that problem initially and had to use the "Name" to resolve it. For some reason the IP address did not work. As the others stated, client mode for the HTPC.

I had the oppostite problem, would not accept name had to use the ip address, as soon as i did that i've had no problems since.

Try restarting the server, as sometimes the mymovies service does'nt start correctl and a restart can sort that out.

I have always connected via the IP address. I made the server a static address as well to ensure it wouldn't change

I have always connected via the IP address. I made the server a static address as well to ensure it wouldn't change

definatly best practice

Is anyone having problems using the libraries for the database locations? Also those who cannot connect, make sure the database is in a folder that the PC you are connecting with has access.