RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Here is my first home built WHS blog post

PCEddie

Thanks PC Doc,

I have more posts to write about my WHS. This is just a intro to what I have learned and the outcome to my WHS experience.

Nice web site. Do you maintain your web site?

PC Eddie

Thanks. Yes I started doing it to collect my projects. I am working on another WHS build myself but this one will be in a VM. The sole purposs (besides learing VM) will be to have a nice test system as well as the need for a general purpose utility test system so I can stop messing with my good hardware. Make sure you post some picutes of your build.

A great blog for you will be to identify a way you can actually use your WHS to restore a failed client. You have probably read about my failed attempts on here. It has become very frustrating. My next step is to try restoring a client from another client because restoring on the failed client has never worked for me.

Another good post.

That is a good idea ImTheTypeOfGuy. I will run some restore one of my work stations and write my results.

Thanks for the feedback CookiePuss.

PC Eddie

PCEddie

If you didn't see the post, fasthair told me to restore from another client. I have done it twice now and it has worked perfectly. That may be the best option. I think the beauty in this method is it eliminates the 64 verse 32 bit drivers. Good luck.

ITTOG,

I just finished reading your post. I will give that a try. This is a good way to verify to restore from backup will work properly.

PC Eddie