RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
jvk

Wife is upset, no sound coming out of Line Out or Headphone Jacks

jmwills

RMA that sucker...........some of the older boards when running XP needed the HD audio driver but since Vista and 7, that issue has gone away. Gigabyte will get that board back to you in about 10 days. With you being Left Coast, even quicker.

jvk

You can download and install the program "HWinfo" to determine the make and model of you motherboard.

Hope this helps....

I'll start looking at for manufacturer drivers. I put in the CD of drivers that came with the mother board and it says that there are no audio devices in my system for it to load drivers for... motherboard might be shot, bummer.

RMA that sucker...........some of the older boards when running XP needed the HD audio driver but since Vista and 7, that issue has gone away. Gigabyte will get that board back to you in about 10 days. With you being Left Coast, even quicker.

I would, this is about a two year old board now so I don't think they will take it back. This is also the second board, I RMA'd the first one. Its is a Jetway boad by the way (don't want to give Gigabyte a bad reputation here).

Guest no-control

Sounds like you've taken reasonable steps to TS it to no avail. I'd have to say its a goner, before you end up nickle and dime it. Chasing down electronic issues especially on old hardware can be a nightmare black hole of time and money.

Write it off and get some new gear. The stuff is cheap right now.

jvk

Sounds like you've taken reasonable steps to TS it to no avail. I'd have to say its a goner, before you end up nickle and dime it. Chasing down electronic issues especially on old hardware can be a nightmare black hole of time and money.

Write it off and get some new gear. The stuff is cheap right now.

That is what I have decided to do. Bummer, I have to buy new hardware :)

ikon

never quite got whether you were using 1 stick of RAM or 2.