This is my current HTPC:

Case: Silverstone LC20B-M ATX

PS: OCZ

MB: Asus P5QPL-VM EPU

CPU: Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q9550

Ram: 4gb

Video: Evga 7800 GTX

NIC: Intel giganbit

I just finished my WHS 2011 build and set up my movies to stream all my blu-rays. I want to stream the movies to my HTPC. Then I want to bitstream the lossless audio to my Onkyo receiver for my home theater setup. I was looking at the following for my video card. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130656&Tpk=01G-P3-1335-KR

since it will bit stream TrueHD and DTS-HD. Beyond this upgrade I am open to suggestions on what else needs upgrading or if I can use what I have.

Thanks

Sorry for the confusion. Yeah, the video card would go in my HTPC. I would like to use the HTPC to play the movies from my server. My HTPC is connected to my ONKYO receiver so i can get the audio through my speakers. I saw that this video card does both video and sound support for bitsteaming DTS-HD and True-HD. Just wondering if this card would be good for Blu-ray playback and I'm looking for a good sound card that will handle DTS-HD and TrueHD.

thanks

Edited by Shoop

Sorry for the confusion. Yeah, the video card would go in my HTPC. I would like to use the HTPC to play the movies from my server. My HTPC is connected to my ONKYO receiver so i can get the audio through my speakers. I saw that this video card does both video and sound support for bitsteaming DTS-HD and True-HD. Just wondering if this card would be good for Blu-ray playback and I'm looking for a good sound card that will handle DTS-HD and TrueHD.

thanks

In that case I can't really help, but I'll venture others can. I'm just using the onboard Intel graphics in my HTPC, so I have no experience with add-in video cards with HTPCs.

The GT 430 is a very good choice and will do everything you want unless you plan on playing complex games on your HTPC. I don't think that you really need a sound card as the onboard audio is pretty descent.

HDMI from the video card to a receiver capable of TrueHD and HD Master is all that you need.