RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

RIP WebOS.......Sad day for the touchpad and pre owners

fredload

I am feeling a little silly for purchasing my HP touchpad 2 weeks ago after HP's announcement to not go forward with WebOS today. I am a long time Palm fan and was very sad as I heard about HP's decision today. WebOS was a great OS that just never had a chance. Lucky for me I also have a Ipad2 to fall back to. RIP WebOS, lets hope somebody else picks it up.

I am surprised it lasted this long. Sorry for your loss.

I wonder how much value the palm purchase brings based on this news. Obviously not 1.2 billion. I sitll can't beleive they bought palm. I keep waiting for someone to buy the next dieing technology company, Blackberry.

I'm considering it. It will still work for videos and internet browsing sitting on my couch or in the car with the kids...

That's kind of what I was thinking. However, the WAF may not be high for a discontinued device and

the fact we just bought an iPad2 (which I never get to use due to the wife and the 2 year old).

Perfect reason to pick one up. Movies and such. I'll be getting one if these prices are real. I started a thread in the deals forum so we can keep track and keep informed. I'll be out and about all day Saturday so hopefully can stay in touch.

Part of me thinks this last gas of selling the hardware may be a good thing for the poor devs that put time and money into the platform. There may still be some life left. I can see buying a couple of good games if there are any. I don't mind throwing a few bucks into it. I'm not going to invest a ton like i would my phone and iPad but a few dollars will not kill me if it's a nice game or something like that.

I've seen some threads at XDA etc. trying to prompt people to port Android to the TouchPad.

This would be a good deal if that happened?

I would definitely pick one up. Hopefully the prices are real and I don't miss it as I will not be in the house tomorrow.

Somewhere I read that BestBuy has something like 200k of these units and was wanting HP to take them back.