RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
C4Tech

Remote Web Access Failure - Runtime Error

C4Tech

Thanks Sasquatch! That fixed the problem.

Can you check your home server again? Are these two application pools on v2 or v4?

- Classis .NET AppPool

- Default AppPool

Thanks...brian

ikon

Thanks Sasquatch! That fixed the problem.

Can you check your home server again? Are these two application pools on v2 or v4?

- Classis .NET AppPool

- Default AppPool

Thanks...brian

Hey, congrats. Nice to see another case of the forums bringing those looking for help together with those who can provide it.

sasquatch

Brian, glad to help. And glad to have a new home server for the fam. Retiring from running an in house domain for something less hands on will be nice.

Btw both of those app pools are v2 by default

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Use Windows Live Mesh to RDP into your desktops. It is much better than using WHS.

ikon

Use Windows Live Mesh to RDP into your desktops. It is much better than using WHS.

1. thought Mesh was dead ??

2. are you saing Mesh will let you RDP into even win7 Home Premium machines?

ImTheTypeOfGuy

1 Definitely not dead as I am using it.

2 I don't know specifically on home premium but I Have been using it on w7 ultimate, xp, and w7 professional. It should work on home premium though.

ikon

1 Definitely not dead as I am using it.

2 I don't know specifically on home premium but I Have been using it on w7 ultimate, xp, and w7 professional. It should work on home premium though.

Yes, it works on Home premium. It also works on WHS 2011.

http://explore.live....ntials?os=other

http://usingwindowsh...-video-edition/

That could be good news for tons of people who can't get to their Home Premium machines through their WHS. Do you think MS did that purposely to give Mesh a boost? Seems unlikely to me, but who knows?

ImTheTypeOfGuy

That could be good news for tons of people who can't get to their Home Premium machines through their WHS. Do you think MS did that purposely to give Mesh a boost? Seems unlikely to me, but who knows?

I doubt it, as I don't believe they are that smart. Mesh provides a different, and in my oppinion better experience so I would use it even if WHS2011 remote access was working properly.

analog

I doubt it, as I don't believe they are that smart. Mesh provides a different, and in my oppinion better experience so I would use it even if WHS2011 remote access was working properly.

It is an AJ legacy, I use it instead of Remote Access. :)