RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Zaico

Remote Web Access not working?

dvn

Ok. I just got done talking with my brother who tells me that the only time he's seen a 10 dot is in the case of a router into a router. But I'm certain I've heard some TWiT podcast (Security Now, if I recall correctly) speak of ISP's doing the 10 dot thing.

ikon

Ok. I just got done talking with my brother who tells me that the only time he's seen a 10 dot is in the case of a router into a router. But I'm certain I've heard some TWiT podcast (Security Now, if I recall correctly) speak of ISP's doing the 10 dot thing.

that can certainly be the case if you're doing the 3 router DMZ trick but, like you, I've also heard of ISP's starting to do it too.

timekills

Without trying to start a debate, I doubt that is the problem. Well, maybe that is too strong - let's just say I'd like to confirm that first, which is why I want him to check what his outward facing IP is. His router is designed to do NAT'ing*. They wouldn't give him that if they were assigning him non-addressable IPs from the ISP. VoIP isn't going to work correctly via a double-NAT.

I'd still like to see the ISPs in the States that are assigning a NAT'd IP to a home customer.

*Network Address Translation

Zaico

so sorry for the long wait on responding. had my connection down for some time when i was talking to the ISP...

but fount the error. My router uses DNS to label computers and devices on the network and my WHS2011 got 2 IP's (1 from WiFi and 1 from Ethernet) both show up i the DHCP table in the router and i turned the WiFi off . but the router remembers old devices for a long time. so i choose the wrong one when setting up port forwarding.

and now all i working

but to show you what my ISP is doing with my IP addresses se the included image taken from the router (what is called triple play) (3 different WAN IPs on the same connection)

http://img687.images...8/interneto.jpg

the router is kind of locked down, in the way that i can change a lot of things but when i reboots it checks with my ISP for a new version of the software and the settings and overrides my settings (DNS, DHCP) but not the port forwarding.

The router has an 4 port 100mbit switch build ind, and it functions as a regular switch, all the ports can be use for pc's and my set top boxes can get hock up to the ethernet LAN from every ware. It makes i really easy that you don't need to have 1 cable that is for your IPTV connection and needs to be connected to a specific port on the router to work.

Edited by Zaico

ikon

so sorry for the long wait on responding. had my connection down for some time when i was talking to the ISP...

but fount the error. My router uses DNS to label computers and devices on the network and my WHS2011 got 2 IP's (1 from WiFi and 1 from Ethernet) both show up i the DHCP table in the router and i turned the WiFi off . but the router remembers old devices for a long time. so i choose the wrong one when setting up port forwarding.

and now all i working

but to show you what my ISP is doing with my IP addresses se the included image taken from the router (what is called triple play) (3 different WAN IPs on the same connection)

http://img687.images...8/interneto.jpg

the router is kind of locked down, in the way that i can change a lot of things but when i reboots it checks with my ISP for a new version of the software and the settings and overrides my settings (DNS, DHCP) but not the port forwarding.

The router has an 4 port 100mbit switch build ind, and it functions as a regular switch, all the ports can be use for pc's and my set top boxes can get hock up to the ethernet LAN from every ware. It makes i really easy that you don't need to have 1 cable that is for your IPTV connection and needs to be connected to a specific port on the router to work.

Ah, so only your VoIP port is NAT'd; the Internet and Video ports both have routable IP addresses. Still not sure why VoIP is NAT'd, but the others make a lot more sense now. It's also interesting that your ISP is willing to give out so many routable addresses to its customers.