RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Need more than 2TB.

Shoop

The MM portion of WMC will add movies based on what is in Collection Management. The native WMC Videos and/or Movies sections add their collection based on the folders you've added to the Media Library (libraries...) through Settings. If all you are concerned with is the MM tab part of WMC you'll be fine with whatever folders you have MM monitoring (via Collection Management.)

Is there a tutorial that explains how to setup Collection Management to monitor multiple folders? I'm sure its easy to do but I cant figure it out. I'm not getting much sleep these days because of my newborn son. :) Thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions.

Edited by Shoop

Is there a tutorial that explains how to setup Collection Management to monitor multiple folders? I'm sure its easy to do but I cant figure it out. I'm not getting much sleep these days because of my newborn son. :) Thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions.

Not to stomp on timekills, but try looking under the File menu and using the Import item.

Not sure which version you are using, but in MM4 from a PC that you have MM's for WMC installed or the Collection Manager installed separately, go to:

Tools-->Options-->Folder Monitoring

In that window there is a section for Monitored Folders. You can check the box (it is checked by default) for "Include folders added to Media Centers Movie/DVD library" if you want it to include the video library locations automatically. If you don't, or want to add other locations you can use the "Add" button to manually add the folders you want MM4 to monitor. You can also add additional folders for recorded tv files, and add individual files themselves if you wish.

I do not keep the "Include folders added to Media Centers Movie/DVD library" box checked because as I stated I don't want it to include my Home Videos folder. So I just manually add my WHS2011 Videos and WHS2011 Recorded TV folder paths.

MM4_monitoredFolders.png

Not sure which version you are using, but in MM4 from a PC that you have MM's for WMC installed or the Collection Manager installed separately, go to:

Tools-->Options-->Folder Monitoring

In that window there is a section for Monitored Folders. You can check the box (it is checked by default) for "Include folders added to Media Centers Movie/DVD library" if you want it to include the video library locations automatically. If you don't, or want to add other locations you can use the "Add" button to manually add the folders you want MM4 to monitor. You can also add additional folders for recorded tv files, and add individual files themselves if you wish.

I do not keep the "Include folders added to Media Centers Movie/DVD library" box checked because as I stated I don't want it to include my Home Videos folder. So I just manually add my WHS2011 Videos and WHS2011 Recorded TV folder paths.

MM4_monitoredFolders.png

thanks for the info. Did my HTPC this morning. Spent an hour clicking Add Title button to all the popups saying, "Found new XXXX. Would you like to:" :)