RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

How To Add Album Art?

Shoop

I just got all my mp3 files copied over to the music folder on my WHS 2011. I still have a bunch of albums that don't have album art. What is the easiest way to get album art for these?

Also, Is there a way to turn off the search function on the server? I have a copy of these albums on another computer and Im afraid the server will find and add those files and duplicate all of them.

Thank

The Album Art site will usually have everything you need. You would have to manullay add these back to the original files and resync but that is not that big of a deal.

There may be an add-in that will do this for you but I am not familiar with one.

The Album Art site will usually have everything you need. You would have to manullay add these back to the original files and resync but that is not that big of a deal.

There may be an add-in that will do this for you but I am not familiar with one.

Along the same lines, are you aware of a site that can do this for recorded TV shows and movies, for use with something like Media Browser?

Fro the little bit I played with My Movies, I think it will do that.

I was hoping to just find a site that has cover art I could use with Media Browser - My Movies seems kinda overkill just to get 'album art'.

Hereis a site but it looks like you would have to do it manually. Also here.

thanks jmwills. I also just noticed on the Media Browser site that they recommend 3rd party tools like Meta Browser, Media Center Master, and YAMMM. I think I will give them a try. I'm not a fanatic about artwork, and I'm not willing to spend a lot of time on it, but it is a 'nice to have'. I guess I should have RTFM. :)

For music album art I use Album Art Downloader, If that doesn't work Google Images search will find most of what you need. For tagging, my choice is mp3 tag. It has a very limited Album Art fetcher (Amazon, Discogs, and Musicbrainz). You can choose to embed these images if desired.

For Movies and TV metadata I use metabrowser 2, a nice write-up can be found here

If you value your music metadata and album art, you may want to read about how to keep WHS2011 from messing with it.