RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Unable to view some photos remotely

Technogod

My dad scanned 1000 slides from my childhood. I'm able to view some of them using WHS Remote Web Access but not all of them. All thumbnails are visible. Some photos are visable but others have a red x when trying to view the photo. I added a folder with photos taken with my digital camera and all photos were viewable.

I've had the same issue with a folder of photos on my WHS 2011 system. It eventually went away (but there may be other folders still doing it). I wish I could say the same about the other issues I'm still seeing with the Media Library via RWA...

My dad scanned 1000 slides from my childhood. I'm able to view some of them using WHS Remote Web Access but not all of them. All thumbnails are visible. Some photos are visable but others have a red x when trying to view the photo. I added a folder with photos taken with my digital camera and all photos were viewable.

I had this problem duroing the RC version and it was caused by my antivirus. After removing the AV, turning off media sharing, rebooting, then turning it back on it all worked fine. Have not seen this issue in the RTM version although others are having the problem. Try the steps above and if you have any kind of folder monitoring/transcoding software or AV try temporarily removing it.

I had this problem duroing the RC version and it was caused by my antivirus. After removing the AV, turning off media sharing, rebooting, then turning it back on it all worked fine. Have not seen this issue in the RTM version although others are having the problem. Try the steps above and if you have any kind of folder monitoring/transcoding software or AV try temporarily removing it.

hmmm, yet another item for my 2011 checklist.

hmmm, yet another item for my 2011 checklist.

There are two many items for 2011 right now. I will be waiting for SP1 before I use it for my data. Seems to be a horrible release if you ask me.