RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

jvk's Custom Built HTPC up for sale

jvk

Ok my first born son is on the way soon and I don't think I'll be needing this HTPC anymore. Up for sale is a custom built 2.4 GHZ AMD dual core HTPC with 2 GB of memory (up-gradable to 4GB), 64 bit windows 7 professional OS (so you can remote desktop into this machine) slot loading DVD drive, external 160 watt pico PSU and a 160 GB hard drive. You will also be getting a hard copy of the OS on a DVD, this is a valid license that is registered with Microsoft. Also included is a Microsoft Media Center Remote Control.

Basically I took a dresser valet and put a PC into it. The mother board is a Mini ITX board, there is a built in Wireless N wifi card and it has two short antennas attached to the I/O shield. Also included are extended range antennas that will allow you to place the antennas on top on your entertainment center for better wifi reception. There are two fans in the case, one that sucks in air and the other is an exhaust and they are pretty quiet. Operating temp is usually about 42 degrees C. You can connect this to your entertainment system via HDMI. The slot load dvd drive is built into the lid of the box and is very hidden. The media center remote's IR sensor is built into the front of the HTPC and is very well hidden and works great. There is a blue power LED in the front of the case to let you know the unit is running. The first $200 takes it! Local pick up ok (I live in San Diego, CA)

htpc1.JPG

htpc2.JPG

htpc3.JPG

htpc4.JPG

htpc5.JPG

htpc6.JPG

htpc7.JPG

htpc9.png

Also, for another $25 I'll throw in this Gyration HTPC remote that has a built in mouse which is really handy for surfing the internet!

htpc8.JPG

If you are interested, send me a PM

Thanks,

jvk

Where's the airflow?

There are two fans on the back panel, one above the I/O shield, and one below the power wire plug. One sucks air in and the other blows air out. I forgot to mention that shipping is extra.

Thanks for looking!

jvk

Someone should jump on that remote.. I'm using the one w/o the LCD and its awesome!

$25 is a steal.. I'd pick it up if I had the extra cash.

I don't have any need for this, but I just wanted to comment and say it's awesome. Great job on the build!

Just curious, are you using W7 nativly for the HTPC functionality or some other app on top? A

I don't have any need for this, but I just wanted to comment and say it's awesome. Great job on the build!

Just curious, are you using W7 nativly for the HTPC functionality or some other app on top? A

Thanks, I find that building this kind of stuff if more fun than using it :) It runs Windows 7 Natively and nothing else.

jvk

The Motherboard, HDD, DVD Drive, Memory and PowerSupply have been sold. All that is left is the custom case and fans.

PM if interested.

jvk