RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Media Streaming in WHS 2011 Shows Recorded TV by Episode Title instead of Series Title

fbrito

I like to watch some of my non-protected Ceton Infinitv shows at work sometimes through the silver light streamer on the homeserver. One annoying quirk is that there is no way that I know to have the shows list by series instead of episode title. Thus I have to literally click on every episode to find the shows I want to watch, since I don't know what the title of the particular episode I want to watch is.

Does anyone know how you can set up a "details" type view under the media folder in WHS 2011? Thanks in advance.

Not really the way you are asking, but "a" way is to group them in folders first. I.E. I understand your pain as I have at any one time three-four episodes of about ten different TV shows. Even when I know what the title of the show is, it is cluttered. I make folders of the different TV show titles and move the shows into those folders. Unfortunately this is a manual process, but it is much cleaner when accessing via the web page.

I'm more upset about the inability of Silverlight to correctly display the aspect ratio for HD episodes.

Living outside the US, the best way for me to get quality TV shows is to use a newsgroup. So, I have to manually setup the folder structure and once that is done, it's a simple task to move the shows into their respective folders.

For example, NCIS would look like this:

NCIS>Season 1>NCIS S01E01

I currently have 114 different shows cataloged.....and more coming. I currently use WMC to stream over the LAN.

Only two views in 2011 that I know of which are Details (default) and Icons which may require Javascript to run.