RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

need fast help - buy today or not - HP ProLiant ML110 G6

e_merlin

Hi all,

I have an ex475 that I really like but have come to the realization that I want 2011 and understand the changes it has undergone. I was planning on building one around the Lian LI 08 case, bla bla bla then I saw this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16859105755

It is one sale through today for 389. Any reason not go get it? I really want a lower power build but am not really familiar with the processor.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Based on the specs you will be happy. The I3-530 makes for an awesome server with very respectful power draw. The units does not have much drive storage so be aware of that. I believe it only holds 4 drives and you will have to upgrade the memory. Do not bother with 1 Gig and put 4 in it for 2011. Overall not a bad deal considering memory runs less than $50. I would price out your system build and compare then make your decidsion. In terms of the CPU I am one server with that processor and recently had a second one as well with no issues.

Ditto, I would purchase a 2TB drive to replace the system drive and use the one it came with for backup of the shared folder until you start adding bigger drivers and get the memory upgrade.

a real good deal to get you started with WHS2011 including the OS. I tweeted this yesterday. It's also a good idea for those that are running the RC of WHS2011 because that expires today.