RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Should I stay or should I go?

PINKTULIP

I think in a lot of cases, the issues being seen are those being caused by third party add-ons/ins and not so much of the operating system itself. Will you have issues, of course you will but show me one, just one, OS out there that doesn't have issues.

I'm not a Microsoft bandleader, just a realist. If you feel comfortable with the new OS and how to handle and backup your data, then migrate. If V1 is doing everything for you that it was intended to do, then stay. It will be a long time until Server 2003 is no longer supported by Microsoft.

Just my opinions.

I think in a lot of cases, the issues being seen are those being caused by third party add-ons/ins and not so much of the operating system itself. Will you have issues, of course you will but show me one, just one, OS out there that doesn't have issues.

I'm not a Microsoft bandleader, just a realist. If you feel comfortable with the new OS and how to handle and backup your data, then migrate. If V1 is doing everything for you that it was intended to do, then stay. It will be a long time until Server 2003 is no longer supported by Microsoft.

Just my opinions.

Just one you ask for but I will give many: XP, WHS v1, W7. I have never had to turn anything off on one of these because of bugs. Heck, even Vista worked better than v2. At least on it you didn't have to worry about it not allowing you to connect or it deleting/changing your data. V2 is not and was not ready.

Anyone know if SBS is having problems?