RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

SAS to SATA x4

Noland

Hi.

I am glad to have found this place just as I am building my first home server.

I ordered a Highpoint 2720SGL and some SAS to SATA x4 cables. I am still waiting on the card, but the cables came today and they have an 8 pin power connector in addition to the SATA connectors. I see that these cables are made with and without power connectors and I don't know which kind I need at this point.

Can I use these or do I need to order something else? As you can tell, I am very new to this. :)

Hi.

I am glad to have found this place just as I am building my first home server.

I ordered a Highpoint 2720SGL and some SAS to SATA x4 cables. I am still waiting on the card, but the cables came today and they have an 8 pin power connector in addition to the SATA connectors. I see that these cables are made with and without power connectors and I don't know which kind I need at this point.

Can I use these or do I need to order something else? As you can tell, I am very new to this. :)

As you did not include a picture or part number, it is not clear what you have. I have seen the cable with power connector before and they should be fine but to be sure, let us know what the part number is. If they are the adaptec type they should be OK.