RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

How do I stream video to my Big screen via PS3?

EQTitan

I bought WHS2011 (came today!! woot)

Built a nice box out of a 4u server case.

AMD 1075t x6

4GB DDR3 blah blah blah

Everything is up and running transferred some videos from my wifes laptop to the videos folder on the server now how do I stream them through my PS3? I can see the server via the PS3 dash board but I don't see the videos (I partly know it's because they must be in a Windows media format) and these are .mkv

So how do I go about either converting them or setting up and addon that will do the streaming/trans coding for me?

Install PS3 Media Server if you want to server files to the ps3. It hands down beats all other media streamers out there for PS3 support. But then again, it is the only one designed specifically for the PS3.

Install PS3 Media Server if you want to server files to the ps3. It hands down beats all other media streamers out there for PS3 support. But then again, it is the only one designed specifically for the PS3.

Just curious (I don't own any game consoles); do you install the Media Server on 2011 or the PS3? I would assume on 2011 but was just wondering.

Just curious (I don't own any game consoles); do you install the Media Server on 2011 or the PS3? I would assume on 2011 but was just wondering.

You install it on the server or a satellite PC you want to stream from. It is basically like play on or Twonky and is a media trancoding device.

You install it on the server or a satellite PC you want to stream from. It is basically like play on or Twonky and is a media trancoding device.

This is why the WHS community is frustrating you can never find an up to date link for any of the add in's, sigh not this communities fault just venting.

Ok, so I loaded my old setup which was Utorrent (web access) on WHS 2011, and TVersity they worked great until I went to stream one of my personally owned backups of Transporter 2 and something called Cinavia stopped the movie sayigng it was copyright protected. (It's A DAMN MOVIE I OWN!!!!)

Any ideas?