RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
Technogod

Error When Streaming Video

Technogod

When I try to stream video from my Home Server Homepage the following error occurs.

An error occurred while playing the video. For more information, see Known Issues with Media File Types at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=190853.

The file I'm trying to stream is a .mpg file. The thumbnail says it's a 39.57MB file. In actuality it's a 4.03GB file. I added a second .mpg file of 519MB, it's file size is identified correctly but still has the same error message when I try to play the file.

pcdoc

I saw this once when I first installed it. Turn off media streaming option completely, make sure you have properly setup your media folders with permissions then turn the media function back on, go to customize and that all have been added to the media library then try again. Set the video streaming quality (for experimenting) to low or medium. If that does not work let us know.

ikon

Seems quite a few people have had issues of one kind or another with 2011 video streaming. I haven't tried it yet (still playing around with setup); I must do some soon to see if mine's OK.

Technogod

For some reason my .mpg files all of a sudden started streaming correctly. I still get the error with a .avi file.

Technogod

Problem with .avi file not playing was the .avi file. Tried playing a different .avi file and it played fine. The only thing I can figure is rebooting the Server may have fixed the problem.

ikon

I get intermittent, very brief hiccups in streaming from my WHSv1; nothing really all that objectionable but it's there. After hearing all the comments about how good 2011's streaming is I gave it a go over the weekend. I had high hopes, especially because my 2011 has more CPU and better video. Unfortunately, the streaming was no better than v1 and, in fact, may be slightly worse. :(