RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

FS: Gigabyte H55M / Intel Core i3 / Antec Fusion HTPC

bondisdead

I am selling a custom-built computer in a very sleek Home Theater PC (HTPC) computer case. The computer is based on Intel's H55 Express Chipset, featuring the Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H uATX Motherboard. It's equipped with an Intel Core i3-530 dual-core CPU running at 2.93GHz. The CPU has a 4MB Cache, and is multi-threaded to handle up to four simultaneous processes. The computer has a 250GB Seagate Barracuda SATA hard-drive and 4GB of Samsung DDR3 RAM running at 1333MHz. And finally, you get a DVD/CD reader/writer on the front of the computer, concealed behind a hidden door.

The motherboard features Intel's H55 Express chipset, and has HDMI, DVI, Display Port *and* VGA video outputs right on the back of the computer. That way you don't have the extra expense of a video card. Intel's video is very well regarded, and not the typical junk that comes with on-board video. The computer has six USB ports on the back. You also get eSATA, Firewire, Gigabit Ethernet, optical SPDIF digital audio and 7.1 analog audio. On the front, you have two more USB ports and headphone/microphone jacks.

On the front of the computer, you get a VFD display, which is customizable to display computer status, what song/movie is playing, RSS feeds, etc. This is based on Soundgraph's iMon software, but is independent of their crappy Media Center software.

This would make a fantastic Home Theater PC (HTPC), as it will bit-stream audio/video over a single HDMI connection to your TV or surround sound receiver. It is the perfect HULU, Netflix, etc. streaming computer. Unlike dedicated streaming devices (which obviously cost less), you get the benefit of a full Windows computer with the ability to customize as you like.

The computer comes pre-installed with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. It also has software to write CDs/DVDs, as well as Microsoft Security Essentials for anti-virus/anti-spyware/anti-malware/etc. All of the latest Windows updates have been installed, inlcuding Service Pack 1 and Internet Explorer 9. You'll get a set of recovery discs, so that you could do a fresh install.

The following is included in the computer. The prices in ()'s are what you would pay at Frys or NewEgg, before any tax and/or shipping.

1) Antec Fusion 430 Silver/Black HTPC Case ($130)

2) Antec EarthWatts EA430 430 Watt PSU ($50)

3) Gigabyte H55M-UD2H Intel H55 uATX Motherboard ($90)

4) Intel Core i3-530 CPU 2.93GHz 4MB Cache ($120)

5) Samsung 4GB (2x2GB) PC3-10666 1333MHz DDR3 Desktop RAM ($60)

6) Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB SATA Hard Drive ($40)

7) Lite-On 24x DVD-RW SATA Drive ($25)

8) Windows 7 Home Premium ($100 / $35)

Retail Total $640 + tax = $700

I am asking $440 for this computer. It is fully tested and all components are compatible with each other. It has gone thru extensive "burn-in" testing using Prime95 and memtest. The motherboard, CPU, RAM, hard-drive and DVD-RW and power-supply all have warranties. All components are new, except for the Antec Fusion case itself. It shows very minor wear.

PM me if you have any questions. I am located in San Diego, CA, so buyer would need to pay shipping via FedEx Ground.

Edited by bondisdead

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...