RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
jeffla

launchpad icon color

ImTheTypeOfGuy

So it appears that after you configure it, by giving it your homeserver's web address, it identifies its status in one of two ways. Either (by default) as a Win7 icon in the taskbar:

WHSIndicator_Win7.png

or as the classic tray icon.

launchpadIconIndicator.png

If you choose the tray icon, as I did, note that it does not replace the WHS2011 icon - it appears as an additional indicator. Images above show the program in blue status as I tested it while performing a backup. I've since chosen to hide the native WHS2011 indicator as the Home Server Status icon gives the same functionality plus color indicator (i.e. you can access Remote Web, Dashboard, Shared Files, etc through it just like the native icon.)

Hmm, I wonder what the app's are that have the flattened animal and the piece of sod as icon's? The icon's are interesting.

ikon

padded my post count.

Please tell me you're not one of these people that acutally count how many posts you've made. I was surprised when I first heard of it; never thought to check myself; still haven't.

Edited by ikon

ikon

Now it's time to throw the old 750gb data drive (not the one with bad sectors) in the tivo, that should make everyone happy as well. More space on the tivo is always appreciated. I wonder if it can hold 2 drives...hmm

Jeff

If it were my 750GB drive, I would run SpinRite on it at level 4 before putting it into a Tivo.

Edited by ikon

ikon

Hmm, I wonder what the app's are that have the flattened animal and the piece of sod as icon's? The icon's are interesting.

Not to mention the pineapple icon :)

timekills

Not to mention the pineapple icon :)

squashed animal is Irfanview (It is a squashed cat. Don't ask.) Sod is Minecraft. Pineapple is Handbrake. These are not the droids you are looking for...move along...move along...

Edited by timekills

ikon

squashed animal is Irfanview (It is a squashed cat. Don't ask.) Sod is Minecraft. Pineapple is Handbrake. These are not the droids you are looking for...move along...move along...

Minecraft would have been my guess for the sod. Wouldn't have guessed the other 2.

jeffla

If it were my 750GB drive, I would run SpinRite on it at level 4 before putting it into a Tivo.

I have 2 750gb drives, 1 with 24 bad sectors and 1 with 0. The one with 0 I put in the Tivo but I will try SpinRite on the bad one. Or did you mean to do spinrite on the good one as well? Maybe I'll understand when I learn what spinrite is.

ikon

I have 2 750gb drives, 1 with 24 bad sectors and 1 with 0. The one with 0 I put in the Tivo but I will try SpinRite on the bad one. Or did you mean to do spinrite on the good one as well? Maybe I'll understand when I learn what spinrite is.

I run it on all my drives before putting them into service. It eliminates drive problems as a variable when troubleshooting, and I've found I get much longer life from my drives. My drives don't die; they just get to old to be useful anymore ;)

You can find SpinRite at GRC. It is not a free app, but I've found it to be more than worth its cost.