RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Sabertooth Mem Issues

ZA_Tigger

Hi Guys,

Anyone have a problem with their Sabertooth p67 board where you can only have memory in slot 3&4. I have 2 Corsair 4GB Vengeance Modules and they only work in those 2 slots. Even if I just use one it has to be in those 2 slots. So now dual channel isn't possible.

The funny thing is I came across the exact same problem in this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056234599 the guy has the same configuration and memory and exactly the same results?

Seems really odd any ideas? I am on the latest 1850 bios

Cheers

Andrew

Guest no-control

I don't have any issues with my Sabertooth. I'm also not using corsair memory, I have G.Skill and it runs without issue. I know Doc had issues with his Vengeance memory and dumped it. So I would lean towards its a memory issue rather than a mobo issue.

maybe it's one of those issues from the past where it's the combo of the mobo and the memory. I thought those issues were behind us but maybe this is a modern instance of it.

No RAM/MOBO compatibility is still an issue, just less common.

seems so. Too bad too in this case; I'm a huge fan of Corsair memory; it's always been great for me.

Guest no-control

Seems its just the vengeance line. I haven't run across a lot of complaints about the XMS or Dominator lines. It is a new line so perhaps they still haven't worked out all the kinks yet.

Hi Guys,

Anyone have a problem with their Sabertooth p67 board where you can only have memory in slot 3&4. I have 2 Corsair 4GB Vengeance Modules and they only work in those 2 slots. Even if I just use one it has to be in those 2 slots. So now dual channel isn't possible.

The funny thing is I came across the exact same problem in this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056234599 the guy has the same configuration and memory and exactly the same results?

Seems really odd any ideas? I am on the latest 1850 bios

Cheers

Andrew

no-control is correct and I have had issues with the Vengeance. I also was able to run all 4 banks with Gskill and no issues. Are you running the memory at 1600? Did you use he XMP profile or hand tune? The sabertooth has strange memory setting so I would try defaults first to see if runs stable. Before you RMA the board, I would try a different brand of RAM, use the GSkill. I agree with no-control, seems more like memory.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Just to keep you in the loop, I went and bought Kingston Hyper X memory that was on the compatibility list. The board still didn't work so back she goes....

Unfortunately in South Africa I have to wait a week for the swap out so I am pc less but luckily I have my new WHS2011 issues to keep me busy and drive me nuts :-)

Cheers and thanks for all the advice

Andrew