RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Remote Desktop Software

mattd390

I use remote desktop to access my pcs when I am out and about but I wanted to see if anyone had recommendations for other useful software. Also, is there a remote access software where the computer you are "remoting" into can see what you are doing?

The best solution I have found is Logmein. Except for the mobile apps, the service is free. I use it on all my systems and have been for a couple of years. I bought the iPad/iPone app which works very well and even lets me do file management without remoting in.

The best solution I have found is Logmein. Except for the mobile apps, the service is free. I use it on all my systems and have been for a couple of years. I bought the iPad/iPone app which works very well and even lets me do file management without remoting in.

I have heard a lot about that one but wasn't sure if there was something better out there. I will check it out, thanks!

I used to use logmein but now prefer teamviewer. Free Android and iOS apps. Works pretty good for me.

I used to use logmein but now prefer teamviewer. Free Android and iOS apps. Works pretty good for me.

I use Logmein as well to support friends and family (as well as my own network).

Keith

I am remotely controlling four PCs, including connection to server 2008r2' from my iPad over 3G while in northern White Sands, New Mexico using Splashtop. While I'm not a fan of the touchscreen remote connection, it is the best I've found so far for control from iPad.

+1 for LogMeIn. This is what I setup/install on any PCs that I 'support' (ie, family, friends etc). It's easier for less technically skilled users to operate. (As opposed to having to get an IP address for VNC etc.)

On machines that I'm accessing regularly, Remote Desktop does seem to provide a better experience..

• 3 weeks later...

I prefer using Techinline to provide service to my clients. The most important factor was finding a software with good relation of price and quality. In my opinion the best one that I've found is Techinline.Another big plus of this application is simplicity for my clients to use it. I've integrated Techinline into my website and clients just click their and receive session ID. You can check my branded web page: http://www.ezsupport.biz/remote.html

that really makes my communication process easier.

Hope you find it helpful! ;)