RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

2/3/10 only - Newegg.com HomeServer ShellShock

HartmannTech.com

I can't see what the deal is just yet, but the email from Newegg mentioned that they will have a special deal on a HomeServer feb.3 2010.

http://www.newegg.com/Special/ShellShocker.aspx

They are more than likely trying to sell out their stock due to the new generation - Windows Home Server "Vail".
The new Home Server version will come in two versions [basic and Premium].
Possibly Media Center-style recording features as part of the Premium version.
It will be based on Windows Server 2008 R2 and will be a 64bit version only.

Guest no-control

Its most likely going to be an 470 or 480 series judging how shell shockers usually go. If it's actually a 490 I would only expect $50 or so of their retail.

I highly doubt this is a clearance for vail. It hasn't even been announced yet has it? I would think if was going to release this year HP would have been pimping it at CES.

I don't think that this has anything to do with a new version of WHS as according to the podcast it doesn't seem to be arriving any time soon. I think it's just a sale plain and simple.

The add that was published on Monday for this weeks Shellshockers shows a picture of either 470/480/490 series box. It is likely either a 470 or 485 since they probably have some left they need to get out of the warehouse to make room for the newest model.

The Shell shocker is a Recertified: HP MediaSmart EX485 for $289.99 w/ free shipping. Deal is only good until 1 pm (PST) or until they run out.

Don't forget if you are going to purchase from Newegg to use the link on the main page of Homeservershow.com.

Anyone know if that Mediasmart EX-485 would run Vail when it comes out? I'm having trouble figuring out exactly which Celeron model they have in there.