RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
chess

EX490 driving me nuts

chess

I have a EX490, came preloaded from newegg with the o/s obviously already installed....

I was doing updates regularly from Windows Updates, no issues, then boom profile got corrupted, found it was doing some kind of log files of 1 gig a piece.

The O/S partition is only like 15 gigs... I wanted it bigger.....

I can not find my recovery discs anywhere, is there a way to get them from HP if I prove my S/N ?

Any help would be awesome :)

Cheers

Ron

Dave

Hey Chess,

You just reminded me that I usually check this location from time to time to see if there are big log files.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Home Server\logs

RDP into your server and Start, Run and paste that and it will take you to the logs. I think there is a setting that you can change with the toolkit in order to change the logging settings. I need to look this up though. http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displayLang=en&id=25180 Is the toolkit but I have not looked at it in years so I'm not sure where the logging setting is. I'll dig some but maybe someone else can remember.

You can't increase the OS partition unless you re-install although if you solve this log file issue you won't need to have it any bigger.

chess

HSS-Dave,

I checked it and I have about 13 gigs there right now free on the O/S side of the house.

For some reason I think I just want to wipe and start over, something has corrupted my profile, it seems like I cant do anything that I use to be able to do.

Problem #1 I cant find my recovery discs to save my life... and its urking me... :(

Suggestions....

Thanks

chess

Simple thing like Right clicking on my computer to show on desktop doesnt put its icon on the desktop

seems like something to corrupted and is all jacked up.

I just really want to start it over and wipe it clean.... any suggestions....

Dave

Call HP, borrow some disks, or bring your box to the meetup. ;)

chess

Will HP send me ones for free or is there a fee ?

Dave

I really don't know the answer to that. I've not heard anyone say. My gut feeling is that there will be some cost associated but it's better than not having them. Otherwise, post up your location and maybe there is someone close to you that would be willing to zap you a copy of the restore disk.

chess

I am in Maryland... :)

Thanks Dave Appreciate the help..>It needs a wipe badddddd