pcdoc

Video - How to create a RAID 5

pcdoc

Here are the first two parts of the how-to videos on creating a RAID 5 using a Highpoint 2680. There will be a third on drive "expansion" once I receive two additional drives I ordered for the expansion. My goal is to show that the process sounds allot worse than it is, and that setting up an array is almost easier and certainly safer that the use of DE replacements. Hope you find these useful and let me know if there is something else you would like to see.

Part 1 (creating the array)

Part 2 (WHS Configuration)

Part 3 (Drive Expansion)

"Coming Soon"

diehard

Hi Mike, thanks for the videos. Unfortunately the 2nd video shows up as unavailable for me. :huh:

timekills

Hi Mike, thanks for the videos. Unfortunately the 2nd video shows up as unavailable for me. :huh:

It is still being processed by YouTube.

JediTim

Thanks for the recap...wish this had been posted six weeks ago when I built my array. The only issue I noticed you didn't have was getting into the HighPoint software...I had the issue with Internet Explorer.

pcdoc

Thanks for the recap...wish this had been posted six weeks ago when I built my array. The only issue I noticed you didn't have was getting into the HighPoint software...I had the issue with Internet Explorer.

Heard of the issues but in the half of dozen setups I have done I have not seen it. Not sure what I am doing different. You where not alone though as others experienced it.

Should be good now. As timekills stated it was being processed. Hot off the press. You where too quick...

analog

Heard of the issues but in the half of dozen setups I have done I have not seen it. Not sure what I am doing different. You where not alone though as others experienced it.

Perhaps, you have done this in the past:

Disable Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration

1. Start - All Programs - Administrative Tools - Server Manager.

2. Left Click "Server Manager" At top left.

3. In the "Security Information" section, select "Configure IE ESC".

4. Change the default option for Administrators from On to Off and select OK.

5. If Explorer is open, close and reopen.

pcdoc

All six installs have been vanilla and I have not done any mods at all. The only I do is access the server directly or via RDP as the administrator not a user. I cannot and do not browse but no issues on the Highpoint software install or access. Go figure.

JediTim

All six installs have been vanilla and I have not done any mods at all. The only I do is access the server directly or via RDP as the administrator not a user. I cannot and do not browse but no issues on the Highpoint software install or access. Go figure.

The odd thing is it happened to me both times I installed the software on a new server. Glad I found the issue and it works fine now.

Guest no-control

bandwidth cap! :D

vinylfreak

Great tutorials Doc! Thanks for posting.

Should help me when I get ready to build my Raid 5 with my Highpoint card for WHS 2011.

BTW what screen capture program are you using??