RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Dave

Coffee Drinkers Sound off, Keurig vs. Tassimo

Dave

I've been looking at the one cup coffee makers lately and am curious if anyone else has gone through this debate? I like the Keurig because I can throw my own coffee in it and I like the Tassimo for the lattes and cappuccinos.

JediTim

I got a Keurig Platinum for Chrimstas and absolutely love it...can make three sizes of coffee, expresso and Iced Coffee / Tea and Hot Chocolate. I also have the ability to make my own coffee with the adapter but find it to be a bit cumbersome. I purchase the refills through Costco.com and they average around $0.45 per cup of coffee...much better than if I wanted to buy a cup of coffee here in NYC.

Don't have much knowledge on the Tassimo so I can't comment.

jam3ohio

Tassimo here. Capucinnos every morning. Works very well! And the coffee is on the shelf at Wal-Mart.

Jim

Dave

Thanks for the feedback here and on twitter. I went with the Tassimo. Dropped by Wal-Mart today and they had a $20 gift card with purchase of the Tassimo. It didn't ring up so manager had to be called in and they said promotion was over but I got it anyway due to the sign being up. Picked up cappuccino, and some regular brew. Will start looking into other brews to make.

Now...since I have purchased Tassimo. One of the two makers will now release a new one that does it all. Milk drinks, your own grounds, etc. It's inevitable!

yodafett

Until the make a one cup percolator I guess I'm stuck with either multi cup or my French press.

jmwills

Keurig for me. You can buy the coffee from ANYWHERE. Amazon, numerous online vendors, etc. People always says it is too expensive until I ask them how many full or half-full pots of coffee they throw out. I'm basically at about 40 cents a cup. We had a program Mgr in Iraq that was spending $300 a month on coffee for our office.....we drank a LOT of coffee.

JediTim

Keurig for me. You can buy the coffee from ANYWHERE. Amazon, numerous online vendors, etc. People always says it is too expensive until I ask them how many full or half-full pots of coffee they throw out. I'm basically at about 40 cents a cup. We had a program Mgr in Iraq that was spending $300 a month on coffee for our office.....we drank a LOT of coffee.

I agree...it looks expensive but the coffee is always good and you don't have any waste. Also, everyone gets the flavor they like...not making multiple pots o coffee.

tbowland

Thanks for the feedback here and on twitter. I went with the Tassimo.......

I had and eventually sold the Tassimo. I was drinking way to much coffee. There is a huge difference in the brands. The cappuccino never were any good, maybe only because the milk cartridges freaked me out. How dos the milk not go bad out of the fridge.

I' be waiting for the Tassimo scheduling whs add-in from you.

By the way I don't drink any less coffee now but I do stop and walk to the local coffee shop.

cskenney

Dave - about an hour before your tweet we bought a Keurig Platinum. I just recently had to give up caffeine so this works great. My wife can brew what she wants and I can make a cup of decaf. No waste.

dvn

Keurig Platinum