RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Nik Adjustment

geek-accountant

So, I have a little time to play around with Nik Software's complete collection and it looks like it is going to be a great piece of software. One of the programs I played with last night was Color Efex Pro. Lots of choices and adjustments you do with that program. An adjustment called "Solorization", produced a pretty dramatic effect. It's not someone everyone is going to like and it definitely will not work for most images, but I liked this one.

Straight out of the camera, no adjustments at all:

beforenik.jpg

After the Nik adjustment mentioned above:

afternik.jpg

What do you think? It's Ok if you don't like it, not everyone will, which is what makes photography an art and not a science.

I kind of like the output of the photograph. I really need to consider purchasing the software...looking at Gradware.com there are two versions:

$299 - Nik Complete Collection Ultimate Edition

The Complete Collection includes all of Nik Software's latest award-winning plug-in software titles for Photoshop, Lightroom and Aperture including: Dfine 2.0, Viveza 2, Color Efex Pro 3.0, Silver Efex Pro 2, HDR Efex Pro, and Sharpener Pro 3.0. All products now feature Nik Software's patented U Point technology, giving photographers the most powerful tools for precise and natural photographic enhancements and corrections without the need for complicated selections or layer masks.

and

$149 - Nik Complete Collection Lightroom & Aperture Edition

Same as above but not for Photoshop.

Which version are you using? I rarely use Photoshop anymore as I perform most of the work in Lightroom.

Tim

I got the Lightroom version since use it for 90%+ of my adjustments, plus it was cheaper.

No, it's his younger brother. But the way things are now, he is the one I need to watch! The older one is swimming all the time and doesn't get on the computer that much anymore.

No, it's his younger brother. But the way things are now, he is the one I need to watch! The older one is swimming all the time and doesn't get on the computer that much anymore.

I started using OpenDNS on my home network to prevent inappropriate sites from being visited. My son is now 9 years old and starting to use the computer more often...I need to keep a closer eye on what he does. So far it is all innocent but I'm sure curiosity will change that.