RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
PCEddie

Cannot Connect This Computer to the Network

PCEddie

Morning All,

I am running into a issue with installing the wHS 2011 connector software on a Dell Vostro 400 computer running Windows XP Home with SP3. The message I am getting is "This computer is unable to establish a trust relationship with the server. Verify that the computer's date and time are accurate and try again. I have verified the date and time are correct with the WHS 2011 and computer. I have rebooted, verified the computer is up to date, and not noticing any other issues. The other XP computers had no issues with installing the WHS 2011 connector software and completing a backup.

Any suggestions?

Edited by PCEddie

jmwills

If this machine has been connected to any other WHS server make sure you totally uninstall the connectors software from that version and also any associated certificates. Which browser are you using to connect?

I do have one thing to try but lets see if this works first.

diehard

I ran into a trust issue in the past. Not sure if it had to do with different server workgroup name as on the PC or the User account was the issue. It's a permissions thing. Something was setup with accounts then changed.

Did you change the password complexity ? Or do you have the same account name on more than 1 PC ?

pcdoc

I "think" that John is correct so check the workgroup. I had initial problems with something different but it was workgroup related.

PCEddie

A followup to this post. I ended up rebuilding the computer and installing Windows 7 Pro. I have not had any issues over the last 2 months. The computer backs up to the WHS 2011 with no issues. Amazing what a computer rebuild with Windows 7 Pro can do :).

ikon

I'm sensing a theme with PCEddie; if you run into problems, rebuild! :)

PCEddie

You are correct. Beats banging my head against the wall with no results other than a headache :).