RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Nuts! My Console won't start properly

ikon

I believe that if you disable SearchIndexer, then you will get an error or else not be able to add shared folders to your Windows 7 library.

The itunes server is a DLNA server that allows you to see your server when using iTunes. But since it's DLNA, any other network aware DLNA device can use it also.

I don't know what WDMS is, you got me there :huh:

Ah, it's an Acer thing, I don't have any Acer expertice.

Found this: http://forums.ncix.com/forums/index.php?mode=showthread&msg_id=2003218&threadid=2003218&forum=109&product_id=37196&msgcount=6&overclockid=0

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• diehard

• dvn

• ikon

Top Posters In This Topic

That Light's Out dll should be in the C:\Program Files\Windows Home Server folder. It's trying to run stuff that's been deleted. That's why you get the error. clean out those files. I'm surprised that uninstalling the addin did not clean it up. :blink:

Weird error message: "blocking it". Since the server is recovered, why would it even be looking for the LightsOut dll? Isn't the Console completely reset by a Recovery?

Yes.

Is this happening on the PC ?

Try opening the Console from within the RDC.

What about the connector software on the PC, did you uninstall the Light's Out connector ? if not, those files would have been left behind when you uninstalled the connector.

Yes.

Is this happening on the PC ?

Try opening the Console from within the RDC.

What about the connector software on the PC, did you uninstall the Light's Out connector ? if not, those files would have been left behind when you uninstalled the connector.

I didn't disable SearcIndexer.

No, that message was in an RDP session on the server; not on the client, sorry, should have said that.

I never had the LightsOut connector installed on any of my clients.