RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

XBox Live TV

Dave

There was press event besides Apple today right? Did you see that XBox Live TV was announced? It's an overseas thing at the moment but US content was promised soon. I understand Microsoft investing in the XBox but what does that mean for Media Center fans? I guess we continue on as the MS step-children that we are! What do you think?

There was press event besides Apple today right? Did you see that XBox Live TV was announced? It's an overseas thing at the moment but US content was promised soon. I understand Microsoft investing in the XBox but what does that mean for Media Center fans? I guess we continue on as the MS step-children that we are! What do you think?

We are the dirt-poor cousins from the Ozarks :)

I don't know about using the xbox 360 for live tv...I didn't even like using it for watching / streaming movies. The fans are too loud to watch a movie during any quiet scene.

I don't know about using the xbox 360 for live tv...I didn't even like using it for watching / streaming movies. The fans are too loud to watch a movie during any quiet scene.

That's All I use my Xbox for is watching Streaming TV, and I never noticed it being load, I have the XBOX 360 Elite the new one that came with the Kinect.

That's All I use my Xbox for is watching Streaming TV, and I never noticed it being load, I have the XBOX 360 Elite the new one that came with the Kinect.

I have an older version...not the original which sounded like a jet engine but it is around a year and a half old and it is too load to watch movies on.

Same here ZeroHunter. We watch all our movies through either Zune Market on the Xbox or through Netflix on the Xbox. I don't have the new version so the fans are a bit loud, but not as bad as the first one we owned.

Well, finally a legitimate reason to use the space on that 250GB Xbox 360. As long as TV can be archived to a WHS, it's fine with me.

What I am REALLY interested in is if Windows 8 Media Center has any significant changes. We live in multi-PC households, so a PC should be a freaking extender already!!!

I caught Paul Thurrott's comment on Windows Weekly. The XBox is used for other than gaming purposes 40% of the time!

Guess they are trying to up that number.

MS please hire someone to change your naming contentions for your products, it kills me to hear them.

I never had an XBOX prior to the current/newest version, Girlfriend asked for it for Christmas for the Kinect, and I had heard you guys talk about using it as a Video Streaming box, I though to myself 'self, you have no better reason to buy it now'.

But I gotta say I bought the one with the 250gig HD also and really never use the HD, not even sure how to do it.