RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
ikon

Bandwidth Caps

ikon

No need...my oldest son work for ours...;)

lol, fair 'nuf

Edited by ikon

JediTim

How do they expect cloud computing to ever catch on if they are going to be caps on the amount of data sent. This will slow down any progress in regards to cloud computing...not to mention most people don't have fast enough speed now for cloud computing.

jmwills

I get your point about connections should just be there without any caps. Speed restrictions I can understand but this is what you get when the content providers (Cox, TimeWarner, Charter, etc) are also the connections providers. They want you buying content from them.

ikon

I get your point about connections should just be there without any caps. Speed restrictions I can understand but this is what you get when the content providers (Cox, TimeWarner, Charter, etc) are also the connections providers. They want you buying content from them.

and that's the issue: they want to sell content. It's a conflict of interest. As far as I'm concerned, the internet infrastructure should be handled by a non-profit company that provides access and nothing else. The ISPs would buy access from the non-profit.

jmwills

Someone has to make a profit, or nothing will work. I've often been curious about DSL Estreme and actually how good of a provider they are. There has to be room in the mix for connection providers who are really nothing but a connection to the internet.....and keep the government out of it.

ikon

Someone has to make a profit, or nothing will work. I've often been curious about DSL Estreme and actually how good of a provider they are. There has to be room in the mix for connection providers who are really nothing but a connection to the internet.....and keep the government out of it.

Please note I did not say gov't. There are lots of non-profits that have no connection to the gov't, and they in fact do makes lots of things work.

Edited by ikon