RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Time to add more!

Guest no-control

Guest no-control

Time to add more to Project One for increased performance, capacity, fault tolerance and cooling.

IMG_6981.jpg

That's a RAID controller, an additional 5 2TB of data storage, an additional 2x 300gb Velociraptors for VM's and 3 in 2 cage, wiring and a 140mm fan.

moar.jpg

Holly Hard-Drive Batman :) That certainly looks like fun!! Looking forward to hearing about you new hardware addition!

Have you been borrowing stuff from my inventory again? Looks good, I see a podcast or post in the making...

PS: Where did you get the cable and what brand are they?

These Adaptec 0.5m cables work great - although they're more expensive than the 1.0m Highpoint cables.

no-control's look like the Areca's. 0.75 meter with a right-angle SFF 8087 conector.

Edited by timekills

These Adaptec 0.5m cables work great - although they're more expensive than the 1.0m Highpoint cables.

no-control's look like the Areca's. 0.75 meter with a right-angle SFF 8087 conector.

Thanks. Did not see these the first time. .5 would be better for me than the 1M as I end up coiling quite a bit of the cables in the case. Thanks for the lead.

Thanks. Did not see these the first time. .5 would be better for me than the 1M as I end up coiling quite a bit of the cables in the case. Thanks for the lead.

I second that. My 3ware came with a cable that seems to be compatible with the RocketRaid 2720 (SFF-8087) but it's 1 M so I may order 1 of these 0.5 M ones.

Guest no-control

They are SuperMicro CBL--0188L cables they were $11.00 each. SFF-8787 to 4 SATA. Short cable is 1' and then it increases in 3" increments. They split cables making them really thin and it has an IPASS cable as well to hook into the RAID card.

Edited by no-control