RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

HTPC build photos

I'm surprised too. When you see that many fans you just automatically think "noise." Gonna have to remember this next time I'm in need of fans. Heck, I might just start replacing some if that is truly the case.

Please do. Try one out and tell us what you think. Do remember though that I am running these at lower speed; that's why there are 4 of them.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ikon

• JediTim

• Dave

• vinylfreak

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet build...I should probably build another HTPC as opposed to a Boxee Box or Dune player. Have you had any issues with switching inputs on your TV and losing the HDMI Handshake? I continue to have issues and need to reboot my HTPC each time I switch inputs.

Alos like the keyboard / mouse. Right now I'm using a Lenovo USB keyboard with a touchpad attached to the keyboard. Have not found a wireless keyboard I like that I can use from the couch.

Edited by JediTim

Sweet build...I should probably build another HTPC as opposed to a Boxee Box or Dune player. Have you had any issues with switching inputs on your TV and losing the HDMI Handshake? I continue to have issues and need to reboot my HTPC each time I switch inputs.

Alos like the keyboard / mouse. Right now I'm using a Lenovo USB keyboard with a touchpad attached to the keyboard. Have not found a wireless keyboard I like that I can use from the couch.

No, no issues switching inputs. I'm using an Onkyo receiver to switch HDMI.

I find this keyboard to be very 'lap friendly'; small, light, stiff, wireless, and it has a numeric keypad (which I didn't show) if I need. The mouse works on glass, so it's good on my coffee table.

No, no issues switching inputs. I'm using an Onkyo receiver to switch HDMI.

I find this keyboard to be very 'lap friendly'; small, light, stiff, wireless, and it has a numeric keypad (which I didn't show) if I need. The mouse works on glass, so it's good on my coffee table.

Hmmm...I am also using an Onkyo reciever. HDMI goes from HTPC to Onkyo and one output to a Samsung HDTV. Painful that I need to reboot each time. I may end up reinstalling the operating system from scratch once MyMovies releases its final version for WHS 2011.

Hmmm...I am also using an Onkyo reciever. HDMI goes from HTPC to Onkyo and one output to a Samsung HDTV. Painful that I need to reboot each time. I may end up reinstalling the operating system from scratch once MyMovies releases its final version for WHS 2011.

FWIW, my HTPC is running Win7x64

FWIW, my HTPC is running Win7x64

So am I...Win7x64 Ultimate. gotta love TechNet

So am I...Win7x64 Ultimate. gotta love TechNet

OK, so I'm not happy with the temp of the drive in my HTPC. I'm thinking of going to a 2.5" laptop drive, which will have more flexibility re: where it can be installed in the chassis. Which 500GB or smaller drives would you all say is the coolest/best?

OK, so I'm not happy with the temp of the drive in my HTPC. I'm thinking of going to a 2.5" laptop drive, which will have more flexibility re: where it can be installed in the chassis. Which 500GB or smaller drives would you all say is the coolest/best?

I went with a SSD drive in my HTPC because I wanted the faster starting time and the drive is quiet...the only sound are the fans. I no longer have any other hard drives as the HTPC is getting all the data off my WHS...currently still pulling data off my V1 server until MyMovies releases the final product for WHS 2011.

I went with a SSD drive in my HTPC because I wanted the faster starting time and the drive is quiet...the only sound are the fans. I no longer have any other hard drives as the HTPC is getting all the data off my WHS...currently still pulling data off my V1 server until MyMovies releases the final product for WHS 2011.

Thought about that, but just couldn't justify the cost for an HTPC. As far as startups are concerned, it's always in sleep mode when not in use so it comes back very quickly.